On top of the great prices YEF has negotiated for this program, you may be eligible for a Government rebate of up to $1850 through the State Government’s Solar Victoria rebate scheme. YEF can help you access this rebate, if you are eligible.
Am I eligible for Government Rebates?
Solar Victoria Rebate Scheme
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate under the Solar Homes Package if the applicant:
- has a combined household Taxable Income of less than $180,000 per annum (based on your tax assessment notices for the homeowners 2019-20 period)
- is an owner-occupier of a home valued at under $3,000,000 (a copy of a recent Council rates notice will be required)
- does not already have a solar panel system installed on their property
- chooses a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product (for solar panels) and uses a CEC Accredited Installer, (a certainty under the Hume Household Solar Roll-Out)
- chooses a product that is on the Clean Energy Regulator’s ‘Register of Approved Solar Hot Water Heaters’ (for solar hot water)
- has had an eligible solar panel system installed on or after 19 August 2018
- engages an installer who can provide a statement with WorkSafe Victoria in the past three years (a certainty under the Hume Household Solar Roll-Out)
- is an early adopter (pre-2010) of Solar PV looking to replace or expand their system
Not-for-profit community housing providers will also be eligible to apply for a rebate on behalf of their tenants.
For more information, contact YEF on 1300 866 634 or Solar Victoria on 1300 363 744.
Interest Free Loan
No-Upfront Cost through Interest Free Loans
To further reduce costs, households can apply for an interest free loan, for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount.
In line with the existing rebate, the new interest-free loan can be applied up to an amount of $1850. If your total system is less than $3700, there will be no upfront cost. Check out the prices through the Hume Household Solar Roll-Out.
The loan is required to be repaid over 4 years, or can be repaid sooner in one lump sum.
For more information, click here.
Remember – the more people that take part in the Energise Gippsland Solar Program, the more solar we’ll donate to a local community group. Spread the word!
About the program
This program is a partnership between Latrobe City Council, Wellington Shire, Gippsland Climate Change Network and the Yarra Energy Foundation, with Rocky’s the solar provider.